Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 11:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 23:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.14 meters/second, 1498.1 km/hour, 930.9 miles/hour or 808.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.51 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||South||15.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 53.9"||930.57 mi||West||0° 02' 37.0"||3.00 mi||South||930.44 mi|
|24 hours||15° 12' 56.0"||985.63 mi||East||0° 18' 52.3"||21.64 mi||South||984.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Wed 1:08 PM||473 km||294 miles||255 nm||W|
|Papeete||Wed 1:08 PM||689 km||428 miles||372 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Wed 12:08 PM||1541 km||957 miles||832 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 1:08 PM||1902 km||1182 miles||1027 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 12:08 PM||2072 km||1287 miles||1119 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 12:08 PM||2108 km||1310 miles||1138 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 1:08 PM||2488 km||1546 miles||1344 nm||N|
|Adamstown||Wed 3:08 PM||2630 km||1634 miles||1420 nm||ESE|
|Suva *||Thu 12:08 PM||2771 km||1722 miles||1496 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Thu 11:08 AM||3047 km||1894 miles||1645 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.