Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 23:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 23:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.11 meters/second, 1498.0 km/hour, 930.8 miles/hour or 808.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.51 mi||west||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||south||15.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 53.6"||930.55 mi||west||0° 02' 34.3"||2.95 mi||south||930.43 mi|
|24 hours||15° 12' 50.5"||985.52 mi||east||0° 17' 47.1"||20.39 mi||south||984.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Wed 1:24 PM||86 km||53 miles||46 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Wed 1:24 PM||1086 km||675 miles||587 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Wed 12:24 PM||1115 km||693 miles||602 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 1:24 PM||1511 km||939 miles||816 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 12:24 PM||1646 km||1023 miles||889 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 12:24 PM||1774 km||1102 miles||958 nm||NW|
|Suva *||Thu 12:24 PM||2344 km||1457 miles||1266 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Thu 1:24 PM||2490 km||1547 miles||1344 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Thu 11:24 AM||2657 km||1651 miles||1435 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Wed 11:24 AM||2955 km||1836 miles||1595 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.