Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 11:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 23:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.11 meters/second, 1498.0 km/hour, 930.8 miles/hour or 808.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.51 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||South||15.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 53.6"||930.49 mi||West||0° 02' 34.4"||2.95 mi||South||930.37 mi|
|24 hours||15° 12' 50.9"||985.46 mi||East||0° 17' 51.2"||20.47 mi||South||984.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Wed 1:24 PM||102 km||63 miles||55 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Wed 1:24 PM||1060 km||659 miles||572 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Wed 12:24 PM||1143 km||710 miles||617 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 1:24 PM||1536 km||954 miles||829 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 12:24 PM||1674 km||1040 miles||904 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 12:24 PM||1793 km||1114 miles||968 nm||NW|
|Suva *||Thu 12:24 PM||2372 km||1474 miles||1281 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Thu 1:24 PM||2487 km||1545 miles||1343 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Thu 11:24 AM||2684 km||1668 miles||1449 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Wed 11:24 AM||2973 km||1847 miles||1605 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.