Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 00:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 00:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.98 meters/second, 1497.5 km/hour, 930.5 miles/hour or 808.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.51 mi||west||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||south||15.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 53.1"||930.28 mi||west||0° 02' 24.9"||2.77 mi||south||930.16 mi|
|24 hours||15° 12' 28.8"||984.85 mi||east||0° 13' 58.3"||16.02 mi||south||984.23 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pangai||Thu 1:24 PM||107 km||66 miles||58 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 1:24 PM||162 km||101 miles||87 nm||WSW|
|Neiafu||Thu 1:24 PM||216 km||134 miles||117 nm||N|
|Alofi||Wed 1:24 PM||437 km||271 miles||236 nm||ENE|
|Pago Pago||Wed 1:24 PM||772 km||479 miles||417 nm||NNE|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Thu 2:24 PM||776 km||482 miles||419 nm||NNE|
|Apia *||Thu 2:24 PM||777 km||483 miles||420 nm||NNE|
|Suva *||Thu 1:24 PM||865 km||538 miles||467 nm||WNW|
|Nadi *||Thu 1:24 PM||978 km||608 miles||528 nm||WNW|
|Lautoka *||Thu 1:24 PM||982 km||610 miles||530 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.