Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 12:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 00:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.94 meters/second, 1497.4 km/hour, 930.4 miles/hour or 808.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.51 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.05 mi||South||15.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 52.8"||930.13 mi||West||0° 02' 21.5"||2.70 mi||South||930.01 mi|
|24 hours||15° 12' 20.6"||984.54 mi||East||0° 12' 38.8"||14.50 mi||South||983.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nukualofa||Thu 1:46 PM||375 km||233 miles||202 nm||E|
|Suva *||Thu 1:46 PM||403 km||251 miles||218 nm||NW|
|Levuka *||Thu 1:46 PM||411 km||256 miles||222 nm||NW|
|Pangai||Thu 1:46 PM||469 km||291 miles||253 nm||E|
|Labasa *||Thu 1:46 PM||503 km||312 miles||271 nm||NNW|
|Nadi *||Thu 1:46 PM||508 km||316 miles||275 nm||NW|
|Lautoka *||Thu 1:46 PM||519 km||322 miles||280 nm||NW|
|Neiafu||Thu 1:46 PM||545 km||339 miles||294 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Wed 1:46 PM||941 km||585 miles||508 nm||E|
|Apia *||Thu 2:46 PM||1055 km||656 miles||570 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.