Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 1:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 01:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.85 meters/second, 1497.1 km/hour, 930.2 miles/hour or 808.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||South||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 52.6"||929.92 mi||West||0° 02' 13.5"||2.55 mi||South||929.81 mi|
|24 hours||344° 48' 00.7"||983.95 mi||West||0° 09' 28.5"||10.86 mi||South||983.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Vila||Thu 12:36 PM||336 km||209 miles||182 nm||NNW|
|Noumea||Thu 12:36 PM||345 km||214 miles||186 nm||WSW|
|Luganville||Thu 12:36 PM||609 km||379 miles||329 nm||NNW|
|Nadi *||Thu 2:36 PM||912 km||567 miles||492 nm||ENE|
|Lautoka *||Thu 2:36 PM||924 km||574 miles||499 nm||ENE|
|Kingston||Thu 1:06 PM||942 km||585 miles||508 nm||S|
|Suva *||Thu 2:36 PM||1000 km||622 miles||540 nm||ENE|
|Honiara||Thu 12:36 PM||1593 km||990 miles||860 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 2:36 PM||1616 km||1004 miles||872 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Thu 1:36 PM||1714 km||1065 miles||925 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.