Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 01:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 01:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.83 meters/second, 1497.0 km/hour, 930.2 miles/hour or 808.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.50 mi||west||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||south||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 52.5"||929.88 mi||west||0° 02' 12.0"||2.52 mi||south||929.77 mi|
|24 hours||344° 48' 05.3"||983.82 mi||west||0° 08' 50.5"||10.14 mi||south||983.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Noumea||Thu 12:46 PM||185 km||115 miles||100 nm||SSW|
|Port Vila||Thu 12:46 PM||356 km||221 miles||192 nm||NNE|
|Luganville||Thu 12:46 PM||569 km||353 miles||307 nm||N|
|Kingston||Thu 1:16 PM||937 km||582 miles||506 nm||S|
|Suva *||Thu 2:46 PM||1244 km||773 miles||672 nm||E|
|Honiara||Thu 12:46 PM||1446 km||899 miles||781 nm||NNW|
|Brisbane||Thu 11:46 AM||1597 km||993 miles||862 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 2:46 PM||1864 km||1158 miles||1007 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Thu 1:46 PM||1887 km||1172 miles||1019 nm||NE|
|Auckland *||Thu 2:46 PM||1952 km||1213 miles||1054 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.