Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 1:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 01:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.83 meters/second, 1497.0 km/hour, 930.2 miles/hour or 808.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||South||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 52.5"||929.88 mi||West||0° 02' 12.0"||2.52 mi||South||929.77 mi|
|24 hours||344° 48' 05.3"||983.82 mi||West||0° 08' 50.5"||10.14 mi||South||983.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Noumea||Thu 12:46 PM||186 km||116 miles||100 nm||SSW|
|Port Vila||Thu 12:46 PM||355 km||221 miles||192 nm||NNE|
|Luganville||Thu 12:46 PM||569 km||353 miles||307 nm||N|
|Kingston||Thu 1:16 PM||938 km||583 miles||506 nm||S|
|Suva *||Thu 2:46 PM||1244 km||773 miles||672 nm||E|
|Honiara||Thu 12:46 PM||1446 km||899 miles||781 nm||NNW|
|Brisbane||Thu 11:46 AM||1597 km||993 miles||862 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 2:46 PM||1864 km||1158 miles||1007 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Thu 1:46 PM||1885 km||1171 miles||1018 nm||NE|
|Auckland *||Thu 2:46 PM||1952 km||1213 miles||1054 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.