Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 2:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 02:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.75 meters/second, 1496.7 km/hour, 930.0 miles/hour or 808.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||South||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 52.2"||929.69 mi||West||0° 02' 04.1"||2.37 mi||South||929.58 mi|
|24 hours||15° 11' 30.8"||983.20 mi||East||0° 05' 40.4"||6.50 mi||South||982.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Brisbane||Thu 12:36 PM||776 km||482 miles||419 nm||SSW|
|Cairns||Thu 12:36 PM||1048 km||651 miles||566 nm||WNW|
|Noumea||Thu 1:36 PM||1208 km||751 miles||652 nm||E|
|Honiara||Thu 1:36 PM||1357 km||843 miles||733 nm||NNE|
|Port Vila||Thu 1:36 PM||1446 km||899 miles||781 nm||E|
|Port Moresby||Thu 12:36 PM||1493 km||928 miles||806 nm||NW|
|Sydney *||Thu 1:36 PM||1506 km||936 miles||813 nm||SSW|
|Canberra *||Thu 1:36 PM||1715 km||1065 miles||926 nm||SSW|
|Melbourne *||Thu 1:36 PM||2128 km||1322 miles||1149 nm||SSW|
|Alice Springs||Thu 12:06 PM||2192 km||1362 miles||1184 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.