Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 2:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 02:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.73 meters/second, 1496.6 km/hour, 930.0 miles/hour or 808.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||South||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 52.1"||929.65 mi||West||0° 02' 02.4"||2.34 mi||South||929.55 mi|
|24 hours||15° 11' 25.8"||983.07 mi||East||0° 05' 02.4"||5.78 mi||South||982.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Brisbane||Thu 12:46 PM||754 km||468 miles||407 nm||S|
|Cairns||Thu 12:46 PM||823 km||512 miles||445 nm||WNW|
|Port Moresby||Thu 12:46 PM||1368 km||850 miles||739 nm||NNW|
|Noumea||Thu 1:46 PM||1453 km||903 miles||785 nm||E|
|Sydney *||Thu 1:46 PM||1466 km||911 miles||792 nm||S|
|Honiara||Thu 1:46 PM||1479 km||919 miles||799 nm||NNE|
|Canberra *||Thu 1:46 PM||1652 km||1026 miles||892 nm||S|
|Port Vila||Thu 1:46 PM||1692 km||1051 miles||914 nm||E|
|Alice Springs||Thu 12:16 PM||1949 km||1211 miles||1052 nm||WSW|
|Melbourne *||Thu 1:46 PM||2034 km||1264 miles||1098 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.