Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 2:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 02:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.71 meters/second, 1496.6 km/hour, 929.9 miles/hour or 808.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||South||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 52.1"||929.61 mi||West||0° 02' 00.9"||2.31 mi||South||929.51 mi|
|24 hours||15° 11' 20.6"||982.94 mi||East||0° 04' 24.4"||5.05 mi||South||982.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mackay||Thu 12:56 PM||109 km||68 miles||59 nm||WSW|
|Lindeman Island||Thu 12:56 PM||116 km||72 miles||63 nm||WNW|
|Cairns||Thu 12:56 PM||619 km||385 miles||334 nm||NW|
|Brisbane||Thu 12:56 PM||807 km||501 miles||436 nm||SSE|
|Port Moresby||Thu 12:56 PM||1283 km||797 miles||693 nm||NNW|
|Sydney *||Thu 1:56 PM||1464 km||910 miles||790 nm||S|
|Canberra *||Thu 1:56 PM||1620 km||1007 miles||875 nm||S|
|Honiara||Thu 1:56 PM||1632 km||1014 miles||881 nm||NE|
|Alice Springs||Thu 12:26 PM||1708 km||1061 miles||922 nm||WSW|
|Port Vila||Thu 1:56 PM||1940 km||1205 miles||1048 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.