Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 3:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 03:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.70 meters/second, 1496.5 km/hour, 929.9 miles/hour or 808.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||South||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 52.1"||929.58 mi||West||0° 01' 59.3"||2.28 mi||South||929.48 mi|
|24 hours||15° 11' 15.5"||982.81 mi||East||0° 03' 46.4"||4.33 mi||South||982.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lindeman Island||Thu 1:06 PM||140 km||87 miles||75 nm||E|
|Mackay||Thu 1:06 PM||160 km||99 miles||86 nm||ESE|
|Charters Towers||Thu 1:06 PM||168 km||104 miles||91 nm||WNW|
|Townsville||Thu 1:06 PM||185 km||115 miles||100 nm||NNW|
|Cairns||Thu 1:06 PM||465 km||289 miles||251 nm||NNW|
|Brisbane||Thu 1:06 PM||923 km||574 miles||499 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Thu 1:06 PM||1245 km||774 miles||672 nm||N|
|Alice Springs||Thu 12:36 PM||1465 km||911 miles||791 nm||WSW|
|Sydney *||Thu 2:06 PM||1499 km||931 miles||809 nm||SSE|
|Canberra *||Thu 2:06 PM||1622 km||1008 miles||876 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.