Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 3:16:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 03:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.68 meters/second, 1496.5 km/hour, 929.9 miles/hour or 808.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 02.0"||0.04 mi||South||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 52.0"||929.54 mi||West||0° 01' 57.6"||2.25 mi||South||929.44 mi|
|24 hours||15° 11' 10.2"||982.68 mi||East||0° 03' 08.4"||3.60 mi||South||982.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Charters Towers||Thu 1:16 PM||119 km||74 miles||64 nm||NE|
|Townsville||Thu 1:16 PM||223 km||139 miles||121 nm||NE|
|Cairns||Thu 1:16 PM||421 km||261 miles||227 nm||N|
|Brisbane||Thu 1:16 PM||1083 km||673 miles||585 nm||SE|
|Alice Springs||Thu 12:46 PM||1226 km||762 miles||662 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Thu 1:16 PM||1260 km||783 miles||681 nm||N|
|Sydney *||Thu 2:16 PM||1569 km||975 miles||847 nm||SSE|
|Canberra *||Thu 2:16 PM||1658 km||1030 miles||895 nm||SSE|
|Adelaide *||Thu 1:46 PM||1709 km||1062 miles||923 nm||SSW|
|Darwin||Thu 12:46 PM||1793 km||1114 miles||968 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.