Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 3:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 03:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.66 meters/second, 1496.4 km/hour, 929.8 miles/hour or 808.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 02.0"||0.04 mi||South||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 52.0"||929.51 mi||West||0° 01' 56.1"||2.22 mi||South||929.41 mi|
|24 hours||15° 11' 04.8"||982.54 mi||East||0° 02' 30.4"||2.88 mi||South||982.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cairns||Thu 1:26 PM||515 km||320 miles||278 nm||NE|
|Tennant Creek||Thu 12:56 PM||922 km||573 miles||498 nm||W|
|Alice Springs||Thu 12:56 PM||991 km||616 miles||535 nm||WSW|
|Brisbane||Thu 1:26 PM||1269 km||789 miles||685 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Thu 1:26 PM||1326 km||824 miles||716 nm||NNE|
|Darwin||Thu 12:56 PM||1579 km||981 miles||853 nm||WNW|
|Adelaide *||Thu 1:56 PM||1632 km||1014 miles||881 nm||SSW|
|Sydney *||Thu 2:26 PM||1670 km||1038 miles||902 nm||SSE|
|Canberra *||Thu 2:26 PM||1725 km||1072 miles||932 nm||SSE|
|Eucla||Thu 12:11 PM||1854 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.