Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 3:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 03:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.63 meters/second, 1496.3 km/hour, 929.7 miles/hour or 807.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 02.0"||0.04 mi||South||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 52.0"||929.44 mi||West||0° 01' 52.9"||2.16 mi||South||929.34 mi|
|24 hours||15° 10' 53.9"||982.27 mi||East||0° 01' 14.5"||1.43 mi||South||982.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mount Isa||Thu 1:46 PM||140 km||87 miles||75 nm||E|
|Tennant Creek||Thu 1:16 PM||431 km||268 miles||232 nm||WNW|
|Alice Springs||Thu 1:16 PM||550 km||342 miles||297 nm||SW|
|Cairns||Thu 1:46 PM||907 km||563 miles||490 nm||ENE|
|Darwin||Thu 1:16 PM||1201 km||746 miles||648 nm||NW|
|Eucla||Thu 12:31 PM||1525 km||948 miles||824 nm||SW|
|Adelaide *||Thu 2:16 PM||1575 km||979 miles||851 nm||S|
|Port Moresby||Thu 1:46 PM||1579 km||981 miles||853 nm||NE|
|Brisbane||Thu 1:46 PM||1685 km||1047 miles||910 nm||ESE|
|Dili||Thu 12:46 PM||1907 km||1185 miles||1030 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.