Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 03:56:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 03:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.62 meters/second, 1496.2 km/hour, 929.7 miles/hour or 807.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.50 mi||west||0° 00' 01.8"||0.04 mi||south||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 52.0"||929.40 mi||west||0° 01' 51.2"||2.13 mi||south||929.31 mi|
|24 hours||15° 10' 48.3"||982.14 mi||east||0° 00' 36.7"||0.70 mi||south||982.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Thu 1:26 PM||202 km||126 miles||109 nm||NW|
|Alice Springs||Thu 1:26 PM||383 km||238 miles||207 nm||SSW|
|Darwin||Thu 1:26 PM||1053 km||655 miles||569 nm||NNW|
|Cairns||Thu 1:56 PM||1136 km||706 miles||614 nm||ENE|
|Eucla||Thu 12:41 PM||1393 km||866 miles||752 nm||SSW|
|Adelaide *||Thu 2:26 PM||1599 km||994 miles||864 nm||S|
|Dili||Thu 12:56 PM||1735 km||1078 miles||937 nm||NW|
|Port Moresby||Thu 1:56 PM||1749 km||1087 miles||944 nm||NE|
|Brisbane||Thu 1:56 PM||1906 km||1184 miles||1029 nm||ESE|
|Canberra *||Thu 2:56 PM||2077 km||1291 miles||1122 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.