Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 4:16:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 04:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.59 meters/second, 1496.1 km/hour, 929.6 miles/hour or 807.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.49 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.04 mi||South||15.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 52.0"||929.34 mi||West||0° 01' 48.0"||2.07 mi||South||929.25 mi|
|24 hours||15° 10' 36.8"||981.86 mi||East||0° 00' 39.0"||0.75 mi||North||981.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Thu 1:46 PM||357 km||222 miles||193 nm||ENE|
|Alice Springs||Thu 1:46 PM||445 km||276 miles||240 nm||SE|
|Darwin||Thu 1:46 PM||915 km||569 miles||494 nm||N|
|Eucla||Thu 1:01 PM||1230 km||764 miles||664 nm||S|
|Dili||Thu 1:16 PM||1467 km||911 miles||792 nm||NNW|
|Cairns||Thu 2:16 PM||1616 km||1004 miles||872 nm||ENE|
|Adelaide *||Thu 2:46 PM||1742 km||1082 miles||941 nm||SSE|
|Perth||Thu 12:16 PM||1951 km||1212 miles||1053 nm||SW|
|Makassar||Thu 12:16 PM||2130 km||1323 miles||1150 nm||NW|
|Port Moresby||Thu 2:16 PM||2141 km||1330 miles||1156 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.