Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 04:26:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 04:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.57 meters/second, 1496.1 km/hour, 929.6 miles/hour or 807.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.49 mi||west||0° 00' 01.8"||0.04 mi||south||15.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 52.0"||929.37 mi||west||0° 01' 46.2"||2.03 mi||south||929.28 mi|
|24 hours||15° 10' 30.2"||981.78 mi||east||0° 01' 21.1"||1.55 mi||north||981.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Thu 1:56 PM||627 km||389 miles||338 nm||E|
|Alice Springs||Thu 1:56 PM||660 km||410 miles||356 nm||ESE|
|Darwin||Thu 1:56 PM||955 km||593 miles||516 nm||NNE|
|Eucla||Thu 1:11 PM||1213 km||754 miles||655 nm||S|
|Dili||Thu 1:26 PM||1379 km||857 miles||745 nm||NNW|
|Perth||Thu 12:26 PM||1755 km||1090 miles||948 nm||SW|
|Adelaide *||Thu 2:56 PM||1869 km||1161 miles||1009 nm||SSE|
|Cairns||Thu 2:26 PM||1888 km||1173 miles||1019 nm||E|
|Denpasar||Thu 12:26 PM||1938 km||1204 miles||1047 nm||NW|
|Makassar||Thu 12:26 PM||1976 km||1228 miles||1067 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.