Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 4:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 04:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.56 meters/second, 1496.0 km/hour, 929.6 miles/hour or 807.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.49 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||South||15.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 52.0"||929.28 mi||West||0° 01' 44.8"||2.00 mi||South||929.19 mi|
|24 hours||15° 10' 24.8"||981.58 mi||East||0° 01' 54.9"||2.20 mi||North||981.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Thu 2:06 PM||846 km||526 miles||457 nm||E|
|Alice Springs||Thu 2:06 PM||859 km||533 miles||464 nm||ESE|
|Darwin||Thu 2:06 PM||1042 km||648 miles||563 nm||NNE|
|Eucla||Thu 1:21 PM||1241 km||771 miles||670 nm||SSE|
|Dili||Thu 1:36 PM||1350 km||839 miles||729 nm||N|
|Perth||Thu 12:36 PM||1612 km||1002 miles||870 nm||SW|
|Denpasar||Thu 12:36 PM||1782 km||1108 miles||962 nm||NW|
|Makassar||Thu 12:36 PM||1875 km||1165 miles||1012 nm||NNW|
|Adelaide *||Thu 3:06 PM||1988 km||1235 miles||1073 nm||SE|
|Surabaya||Thu 11:36 AM||2078 km||1291 miles||1122 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.