Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 4:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 04:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.55 meters/second, 1496.0 km/hour, 929.6 miles/hour or 807.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.49 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||South||15.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 52.0"||929.25 mi||West||0° 01' 43.3"||1.97 mi||South||929.16 mi|
|24 hours||15° 10' 18.8"||981.44 mi||East||0° 02' 32.6"||2.92 mi||North||981.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alice Springs||Thu 2:16 PM||1090 km||678 miles||589 nm||ESE|
|Darwin||Thu 2:16 PM||1186 km||737 miles||640 nm||NE|
|Eucla||Thu 1:31 PM||1313 km||816 miles||709 nm||SSE|
|Dili||Thu 1:46 PM||1363 km||847 miles||736 nm||N|
|Perth||Thu 12:46 PM||1471 km||914 miles||794 nm||SSW|
|Denpasar||Thu 12:46 PM||1624 km||1009 miles||877 nm||NW|
|Makassar||Thu 12:46 PM||1790 km||1112 miles||967 nm||NNW|
|Malang||Thu 11:46 AM||1854 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||NW|
|Surabaya||Thu 11:46 AM||1908 km||1186 miles||1030 nm||NW|
|Adelaide *||Thu 3:16 PM||2139 km||1329 miles||1155 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.