Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 4:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 04:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.53 meters/second, 1495.9 km/hour, 929.5 miles/hour or 807.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.49 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||South||15.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 52.0"||929.21 mi||West||0° 01' 41.7"||1.94 mi||South||929.13 mi|
|24 hours||15° 10' 12.7"||981.30 mi||East||0° 03' 10.5"||3.64 mi||North||981.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alice Springs||Thu 2:26 PM||1328 km||825 miles||717 nm||ESE|
|Perth||Thu 12:56 PM||1358 km||844 miles||733 nm||SSW|
|Darwin||Thu 2:26 PM||1362 km||847 miles||736 nm||NE|
|Eucla||Thu 1:41 PM||1422 km||884 miles||768 nm||SSE|
|Dili||Thu 1:56 PM||1423 km||884 miles||768 nm||NNE|
|Denpasar||Thu 12:56 PM||1494 km||928 miles||807 nm||NNW|
|Malang||Thu 11:56 AM||1699 km||1056 miles||917 nm||NW|
|Makassar||Thu 12:56 PM||1741 km||1082 miles||940 nm||N|
|Surabaya||Thu 11:56 AM||1759 km||1093 miles||950 nm||NNW|
|Bandung||Thu 11:56 AM||2133 km||1325 miles||1152 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.