Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 5:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 05:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.48 meters/second, 1495.7 km/hour, 929.4 miles/hour or 807.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.49 mi||West||0° 00' 01.7"||0.03 mi||South||15.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 52.0"||929.10 mi||West||0° 01' 35.3"||1.82 mi||South||929.02 mi|
|24 hours||15° 09' 47.5"||980.72 mi||East||0° 05' 41.9"||6.53 mi||North||981.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Perth||Thu 1:36 PM||1303 km||809 miles||703 nm||SSE|
|Denpasar||Thu 1:36 PM||1390 km||864 miles||751 nm||NNE|
|Malang||Thu 12:36 PM||1418 km||881 miles||766 nm||N|
|Surabaya||Thu 12:36 PM||1498 km||931 miles||809 nm||N|
|Bandung||Thu 12:36 PM||1598 km||993 miles||863 nm||NNW|
|Jakarta||Thu 12:36 PM||1706 km||1060 miles||921 nm||NNW|
|Makassar||Thu 1:36 PM||1915 km||1190 miles||1034 nm||NNE|
|Dili||Thu 2:36 PM||2003 km||1245 miles||1082 nm||NE|
|Eucla||Thu 2:21 PM||2086 km||1296 miles||1126 nm||SE|
|Darwin||Thu 3:06 PM||2226 km||1383 miles||1202 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.