Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 5:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 05:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.47 meters/second, 1495.7 km/hour, 929.4 miles/hour or 807.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.49 mi||West||0° 00' 01.6"||0.03 mi||South||15.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 52.0"||929.07 mi||West||0° 01' 33.7"||1.79 mi||South||928.99 mi|
|24 hours||15° 09' 40.8"||980.57 mi||East||0° 06' 19.6"||7.26 mi||North||980.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Perth||Thu 1:46 PM||1394 km||866 miles||753 nm||SSE|
|Malang||Thu 12:46 PM||1458 km||906 miles||787 nm||NNE|
|Denpasar||Thu 1:46 PM||1479 km||919 miles||799 nm||NNE|
|Surabaya||Thu 12:46 PM||1537 km||955 miles||830 nm||NNE|
|Bandung||Thu 12:46 PM||1545 km||960 miles||834 nm||N|
|Jakarta||Thu 12:46 PM||1643 km||1021 miles||887 nm||N|
|Makassar||Thu 1:46 PM||2040 km||1267 miles||1101 nm||NNE|
|Dili||Thu 2:46 PM||2200 km||1367 miles||1188 nm||NE|
|Eucla||Thu 2:31 PM||2284 km||1419 miles||1233 nm||SE|
|Pontianak||Thu 12:46 PM||2295 km||1426 miles||1239 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.