Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 5:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 05:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.46 meters/second, 1495.6 km/hour, 929.4 miles/hour or 807.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.49 mi||West||0° 00' 01.6"||0.03 mi||South||15.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 52.1"||929.04 mi||West||0° 01' 32.0"||1.76 mi||South||928.97 mi|
|24 hours||15° 09' 34.2"||980.43 mi||East||0° 06' 57.3"||7.98 mi||North||980.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Perth||Thu 1:56 PM||1518 km||943 miles||820 nm||SSE|
|Bandung||Thu 12:56 PM||1535 km||954 miles||829 nm||N|
|Malang||Thu 12:56 PM||1540 km||957 miles||831 nm||NNE|
|Denpasar||Thu 1:56 PM||1605 km||997 miles||867 nm||NE|
|Surabaya||Thu 12:56 PM||1617 km||1005 miles||873 nm||NNE|
|Jakarta||Thu 12:56 PM||1620 km||1007 miles||875 nm||N|
|Bengkulu||Thu 12:56 PM||1949 km||1211 miles||1052 nm||NNW|
|Palembang||Thu 12:56 PM||1984 km||1233 miles||1071 nm||N|
|Makassar||Thu 1:56 PM||2188 km||1360 miles||1181 nm||NE|
|Pontianak||Thu 12:56 PM||2310 km||1435 miles||1247 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.