Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 9:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 09:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.25 meters/second, 1494.9 km/hour, 928.9 miles/hour or 807.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.48 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||South||15.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 53.6"||928.59 mi||West||0° 00' 58.5"||1.12 mi||South||928.54 mi|
|24 hours||15° 06' 56.1"||977.08 mi||East||0° 20' 07.2"||23.07 mi||North||978.44 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Louis||Thu 1:26 PM||109 km||68 miles||59 nm||NE|
|Saint-Denis||Thu 1:26 PM||135 km||84 miles||73 nm||W|
|Saint-Pierre||Thu 1:26 PM||143 km||89 miles||77 nm||WSW|
|Saint-Paul||Thu 1:26 PM||155 km||96 miles||84 nm||W|
|Port Mathurin (Rodrigues)||Thu 1:26 PM||709 km||440 miles||383 nm||E|
|Toamasina||Thu 12:26 PM||827 km||514 miles||447 nm||WNW|
|Antananarivo||Thu 12:26 PM||991 km||616 miles||535 nm||W|
|Antsirabe||Thu 12:26 PM||1021 km||634 miles||551 nm||W|
|Moroni||Thu 12:26 PM||1761 km||1095 miles||951 nm||WNW|
|Victoria||Thu 1:26 PM||1802 km||1120 miles||973 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.