Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 10:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 10:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.23 meters/second, 1494.8 km/hour, 928.8 miles/hour or 807.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.48 mi||West||0° 00' 00.9"||0.02 mi||South||15.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 54.0"||928.53 mi||West||0° 00' 52.2"||1.00 mi||South||928.49 mi|
|24 hours||15° 06' 22.0"||976.40 mi||East||0° 22' 36.7"||25.93 mi||North||977.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fianarantsoa||Thu 1:06 PM||65 km||41 miles||35 nm||S|
|Antsirabe||Thu 1:06 PM||112 km||70 miles||61 nm||N|
|Antananarivo||Thu 1:06 PM||220 km||137 miles||119 nm||N|
|Toamasina||Thu 1:06 PM||381 km||237 miles||206 nm||NE|
|Toliara||Thu 1:06 PM||455 km||282 miles||245 nm||SW|
|Mahajanga||Thu 1:06 PM||577 km||358 miles||311 nm||N|
|Saint-Denis||Thu 2:06 PM||861 km||535 miles||465 nm||E|
|Mamoutzou||Thu 1:06 PM||919 km||571 miles||496 nm||NNW|
|Mutsamudu||Thu 1:06 PM||1008 km||626 miles||544 nm||NNW|
|Fomboni||Thu 1:06 PM||1018 km||633 miles||550 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.