Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 10:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 10:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.22 meters/second, 1494.8 km/hour, 928.8 miles/hour or 807.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.48 mi||West||0° 00' 00.9"||0.02 mi||South||15.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 54.0"||928.53 mi||West||0° 00' 51.8"||0.99 mi||South||928.48 mi|
|24 hours||15° 06' 20.1"||976.36 mi||East||0° 22' 44.1"||26.07 mi||North||977.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fianarantsoa||Thu 1:08 PM||76 km||47 miles||41 nm||SSE|
|Antsirabe||Thu 1:08 PM||117 km||72 miles||63 nm||NNE|
|Antananarivo||Thu 1:08 PM||233 km||145 miles||126 nm||NNE|
|Toamasina||Thu 1:08 PM||414 km||257 miles||223 nm||NE|
|Toliara||Thu 1:08 PM||416 km||259 miles||225 nm||SW|
|Mahajanga||Thu 1:08 PM||571 km||355 miles||308 nm||N|
|Mamoutzou||Thu 1:08 PM||909 km||565 miles||491 nm||N|
|Saint-Denis||Thu 2:08 PM||911 km||566 miles||492 nm||E|
|Mutsamudu||Thu 1:08 PM||994 km||618 miles||537 nm||NNW|
|Fomboni||Thu 1:08 PM||1001 km||622 miles||541 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.