Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 10:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 10:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.20 meters/second, 1494.7 km/hour, 928.8 miles/hour or 807.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.48 mi||West||0° 00' 00.8"||0.02 mi||South||15.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 54.6"||928.48 mi||West||0° 00' 45.7"||0.87 mi||South||928.44 mi|
|24 hours||15° 05' 46.4"||975.70 mi||East||0° 25' 05.8"||28.78 mi||North||977.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Beira||Thu 12:46 PM||311 km||193 miles||168 nm||WNW|
|Mutare||Thu 12:46 PM||558 km||347 miles||302 nm||WNW|
|Blantyre||Thu 12:46 PM||627 km||390 miles||338 nm||NNW|
|Zomba||Thu 12:46 PM||653 km||405 miles||352 nm||NNW|
|Nampula||Thu 12:46 PM||662 km||411 miles||357 nm||NNE|
|Toliara||Thu 1:46 PM||683 km||425 miles||369 nm||ESE|
|Masvingo||Thu 12:46 PM||712 km||442 miles||384 nm||W|
|Maputo||Thu 12:46 PM||762 km||474 miles||412 nm||SW|
|Harare||Thu 12:46 PM||767 km||476 miles||414 nm||WNW|
|Lilongwe||Thu 12:46 PM||864 km||537 miles||467 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.