Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 11:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 11:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.17 meters/second, 1494.6 km/hour, 928.7 miles/hour or 807.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.8"||15.48 mi||West||0° 00' 00.7"||0.01 mi||South||15.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 55.4"||928.42 mi||West||0° 00' 36.1"||0.69 mi||South||928.38 mi|
|24 hours||15° 04' 50.8"||974.62 mi||East||0° 28' 49.0"||33.04 mi||North||976.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Maun||Thu 1:46 PM||101 km||63 miles||54 nm||N|
|Ghanzi||Thu 1:46 PM||187 km||116 miles||101 nm||WSW|
|Serowe||Thu 1:46 PM||396 km||246 miles||214 nm||ESE|
|Francistown||Thu 1:46 PM||446 km||277 miles||241 nm||E|
|Molepolole||Thu 1:46 PM||454 km||282 miles||245 nm||SSE|
|Rundu *||Thu 1:46 PM||491 km||305 miles||265 nm||NW|
|Gaborone||Thu 1:46 PM||499 km||310 miles||269 nm||SSE|
|Bulawayo||Thu 1:46 PM||564 km||350 miles||304 nm||E|
|Tsabong||Thu 1:46 PM||574 km||357 miles||310 nm||S|
|Mongu||Thu 1:46 PM||622 km||387 miles||336 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.