Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 15:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 15:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.14 meters/second, 1494.5 km/hour, 928.7 miles/hour or 807.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.9"||15.48 mi||west||0° 00' 00.0"||0.00 mi||south||15.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 00.3"||928.42 mi||west||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||north||928.42 mi|
|24 hours||15° 00' 39.2"||970.01 mi||east||0° 43' 37.4"||50.02 mi||north||973.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vitória *||Thu 1:46 PM||614 km||381 miles||331 nm||W|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Thu 1:46 PM||925 km||575 miles||500 nm||WSW|
|Salvador||Thu 12:46 PM||977 km||607 miles||527 nm||NNW|
|São Paulo *||Thu 1:46 PM||1285 km||798 miles||694 nm||WSW|
|Recife||Thu 12:46 PM||1419 km||882 miles||766 nm||N|
|Brasilia *||Thu 1:46 PM||1523 km||947 miles||822 nm||WNW|
|Fortaleza||Thu 12:46 PM||1950 km||1212 miles||1053 nm||NNW|
|Asuncion *||Thu 12:46 PM||2416 km||1501 miles||1305 nm||WSW|
|Montevideo *||Thu 1:46 PM||2627 km||1632 miles||1418 nm||SW|
|Belém||Thu 12:46 PM||2636 km||1638 miles||1423 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.