Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 4:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 16:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.15 meters/second, 1494.5 km/hour, 928.7 miles/hour or 807.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.9"||15.48 mi||West||0° 00' 00.0"||0.00 mi||North||15.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 00.8"||928.36 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||North||928.37 mi|
|24 hours||15° 00' 17.6"||969.56 mi||East||0° 44' 46.3"||51.33 mi||North||973.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vitória *||Thu 2:06 PM||150 km||93 miles||81 nm||WNW|
|Niterói *||Thu 2:06 PM||476 km||296 miles||257 nm||WSW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Thu 2:06 PM||486 km||302 miles||263 nm||WSW|
|Belo Horizonte *||Thu 2:06 PM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||WNW|
|São Paulo *||Thu 2:06 PM||837 km||520 miles||452 nm||WSW|
|Salvador||Thu 1:06 PM||880 km||547 miles||475 nm||N|
|Brasilia *||Thu 2:06 PM||1095 km||680 miles||591 nm||WNW|
|Recife||Thu 1:06 PM||1490 km||926 miles||805 nm||NNE|
|Fortaleza||Thu 1:06 PM||1902 km||1182 miles||1027 nm||N|
|Asuncion *||Thu 1:06 PM||1966 km||1221 miles||1061 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.