Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 5:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 17:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.18 meters/second, 1494.6 km/hour, 928.7 miles/hour or 807.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.9"||15.48 mi||West||0° 00' 00.3"||0.01 mi||North||15.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 03.5"||928.43 mi||West||0° 00' 21.0"||0.40 mi||North||928.45 mi|
|24 hours||14° 58' 19.0"||967.45 mi||East||0° 50' 49.6"||58.27 mi||North||971.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tarija||Thu 1:46 PM||196 km||122 miles||106 nm||WSW|
|Sucre||Thu 1:46 PM||318 km||198 miles||172 nm||NW|
|Santa Cruz||Thu 1:46 PM||347 km||216 miles||187 nm||N|
|Salta||Thu 2:46 PM||496 km||308 miles||268 nm||SSW|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Thu 1:46 PM||545 km||338 miles||294 nm||NNE|
|Tucumán||Thu 2:46 PM||693 km||431 miles||374 nm||SSW|
|Asuncion *||Thu 2:46 PM||729 km||453 miles||394 nm||SE|
|La Paz||Thu 1:46 PM||731 km||455 miles||395 nm||NW|
|Córdoba||Thu 2:46 PM||1170 km||727 miles||632 nm||S|
|Rio Branco||Thu 1:46 PM||1316 km||818 miles||711 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.