Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 6:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 18:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.19 meters/second, 1494.7 km/hour, 928.8 miles/hour or 807.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.0"||15.48 mi||West||0° 00' 00.3"||0.01 mi||North||15.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 04.3"||928.46 mi||West||0° 00' 25.5"||0.49 mi||North||928.49 mi|
|24 hours||14° 57' 44.4"||966.85 mi||East||0° 52' 30.7"||60.21 mi||North||971.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Iquique *||Thu 3:14 PM||92 km||57 miles||50 nm||NNW|
|Sucre||Thu 2:14 PM||506 km||314 miles||273 nm||ENE|
|La Paz||Thu 2:14 PM||514 km||319 miles||278 nm||NNE|
|Arequipa||Thu 1:14 PM||537 km||334 miles||290 nm||NNW|
|Salta||Thu 3:14 PM||613 km||381 miles||331 nm||SE|
|Tucumán||Thu 3:14 PM||796 km||495 miles||430 nm||SSE|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Thu 1:14 PM||911 km||566 miles||492 nm||NNW|
|Rio Branco||Thu 2:14 PM||1226 km||762 miles||662 nm||N|
|Lima||Thu 1:14 PM||1256 km||780 miles||678 nm||NW|
|Córdoba||Thu 3:14 PM||1286 km||799 miles||694 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.