Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 6:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 18:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.20 meters/second, 1494.7 km/hour, 928.8 miles/hour or 807.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.0"||15.48 mi||West||0° 00' 00.4"||0.01 mi||North||15.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 04.9"||928.49 mi||West||0° 00' 28.7"||0.55 mi||North||928.51 mi|
|24 hours||14° 57' 19.3"||966.41 mi||East||0° 53' 42.9"||61.59 mi||North||971.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arequipa||Thu 1:34 PM||587 km||364 miles||317 nm||NNE|
|La Paz||Thu 2:34 PM||826 km||513 miles||446 nm||NE|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Thu 1:34 PM||882 km||548 miles||476 nm||NNE|
|Sucre||Thu 2:34 PM||984 km||612 miles||532 nm||E|
|Lima||Thu 1:34 PM||1017 km||632 miles||549 nm||NNW|
|Salta||Thu 3:34 PM||1023 km||636 miles||552 nm||ESE|
|Rio Branco||Thu 2:34 PM||1403 km||872 miles||758 nm||NNE|
|Santiago *||Thu 3:34 PM||1438 km||894 miles||777 nm||SSE|
|Mendoza||Thu 3:34 PM||1439 km||894 miles||777 nm||SSE|
|Córdoba||Thu 3:34 PM||1551 km||964 miles||837 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.