Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 10:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 22:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.37 meters/second, 1495.3 km/hour, 929.2 miles/hour or 807.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.1"||15.49 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||North||15.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 12.3"||928.87 mi||West||0° 01' 02.3"||1.19 mi||North||928.92 mi|
|24 hours||14° 52' 34.1"||961.56 mi||East||1° 06' 26.4"||76.18 mi||North||968.03 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Thu 2:08 PM||647 km||402 miles||350 nm||SW|
|Gambier Islands||Thu 1:08 PM||987 km||613 miles||533 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 5:08 PM||1801 km||1119 miles||972 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Thu 12:08 PM||2533 km||1574 miles||1368 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Thu 12:08 PM||3534 km||2196 miles||1908 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Fri 12:08 PM||4267 km||2651 miles||2304 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Thu 11:08 AM||4618 km||2869 miles||2493 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 12:08 PM||4941 km||3070 miles||2668 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Fri 11:08 AM||5124 km||3184 miles||2767 nm||W|
|Lima||Thu 5:08 PM||5268 km||3274 miles||2845 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.