Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 22:08:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 22:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.37 meters/second, 1495.3 km/hour, 929.2 miles/hour or 807.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.1"||15.49 mi||west||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||north||15.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 12.3"||928.87 mi||west||0° 01' 02.3"||1.19 mi||north||928.92 mi|
|24 hours||14° 52' 32.6"||961.53 mi||east||1° 06' 30.3"||76.25 mi||north||968.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Thu 2:08 PM||629 km||391 miles||339 nm||SW|
|Gambier Islands||Thu 1:08 PM||960 km||597 miles||518 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 5:08 PM||1826 km||1135 miles||986 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Thu 12:08 PM||2506 km||1557 miles||1353 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Thu 12:08 PM||3507 km||2179 miles||1893 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Fri 12:08 PM||4243 km||2637 miles||2291 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Thu 11:08 AM||4590 km||2852 miles||2478 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 12:08 PM||4913 km||3053 miles||2653 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Fri 11:08 AM||5096 km||3167 miles||2752 nm||W|
|Lima||Thu 5:08 PM||5296 km||3291 miles||2860 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.