Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 10:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 22:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.39 meters/second, 1495.4 km/hour, 929.2 miles/hour or 807.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.1"||15.49 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||North||15.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 13.0"||928.91 mi||West||0° 01' 04.7"||1.24 mi||North||928.96 mi|
|24 hours||14° 52' 11.6"||961.18 mi||East||1° 07' 22.9"||77.26 mi||North||967.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Thu 2:24 PM||469 km||291 miles||253 nm||S|
|Gambier Islands||Thu 1:24 PM||613 km||381 miles||331 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Thu 12:24 PM||2137 km||1328 miles||1154 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Thu 5:24 PM||2165 km||1346 miles||1169 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 12:24 PM||3138 km||1950 miles||1695 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Fri 12:24 PM||3937 km||2446 miles||2126 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Thu 11:24 AM||4220 km||2622 miles||2279 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 12:24 PM||4543 km||2823 miles||2453 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Fri 11:24 AM||4730 km||2939 miles||2554 nm||W|
|Suva *||Fri 11:24 AM||5448 km||3385 miles||2941 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.