Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 10:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 22:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.41 meters/second, 1495.5 km/hour, 929.2 miles/hour or 807.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.1"||15.49 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||North||15.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 13.7"||928.96 mi||West||0° 01' 08.2"||1.30 mi||North||929.02 mi|
|24 hours||14° 51' 40.2"||960.66 mi||East||1° 08' 40.3"||78.74 mi||North||967.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Thu 1:46 PM||252 km||157 miles||136 nm||S|
|Adamstown||Thu 2:46 PM||671 km||417 miles||362 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Thu 12:46 PM||1594 km||990 miles||861 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Thu 12:46 PM||2593 km||1611 miles||1400 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Thu 5:46 PM||2677 km||1664 miles||1446 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Fri 12:46 PM||3514 km||2183 miles||1897 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Thu 11:46 AM||3674 km||2283 miles||1984 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 12:46 PM||3996 km||2483 miles||2157 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 11:46 AM||4102 km||2549 miles||2215 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 11:46 AM||4188 km||2602 miles||2261 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.