Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 23:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 23:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.47 meters/second, 1495.7 km/hour, 929.4 miles/hour or 807.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.1"||15.49 mi||west||0° 00' 01.1"||0.02 mi||north||15.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 15.7"||929.09 mi||west||0° 01' 15.6"||1.45 mi||north||929.15 mi|
|24 hours||14° 50' 30.7"||959.50 mi||east||1° 11' 28.8"||81.95 mi||north||966.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Thu 1:34 PM||502 km||312 miles||271 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 1:34 PM||1401 km||870 miles||756 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Thu 3:34 PM||1725 km||1072 miles||931 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Thu 12:34 PM||2478 km||1539 miles||1338 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Fri 1:34 PM||2785 km||1731 miles||1504 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Fri 1:34 PM||2812 km||1747 miles||1518 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 12:34 PM||2959 km||1839 miles||1598 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 12:34 PM||3001 km||1864 miles||1620 nm||W|
|Suva *||Fri 12:34 PM||3708 km||2304 miles||2002 nm||W|
|Chatham Islands *||Fri 1:19 PM||3795 km||2358 miles||2049 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.