Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 11:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 23:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.47 meters/second, 1495.7 km/hour, 929.4 miles/hour or 807.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.1"||15.49 mi||West||0° 00' 01.1"||0.02 mi||North||15.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 15.7"||929.09 mi||West||0° 01' 15.6"||1.45 mi||North||929.15 mi|
|24 hours||14° 50' 30.7"||959.50 mi||East||1° 11' 28.8"||81.95 mi||North||966.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Thu 1:34 PM||502 km||312 miles||271 nm||NW|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Thu 1:34 PM||749 km||465 miles||404 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 1:34 PM||1401 km||870 miles||756 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Thu 3:34 PM||1725 km||1072 miles||931 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Thu 12:34 PM||2478 km||1540 miles||1338 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Fri 1:34 PM||2785 km||1731 miles||1504 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Fri 1:34 PM||2812 km||1747 miles||1518 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 12:34 PM||2956 km||1837 miles||1596 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 12:34 PM||3001 km||1864 miles||1620 nm||W|
|Suva *||Fri 12:34 PM||3708 km||2304 miles||2002 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.