Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 12:04:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 00:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 415.51 meters/second, 1495.8 kilometres/hour, 929.5 miles/hour or 807.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.49 mi||West||0° 00' 01.2"||0.02 mi||North||15.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 17.0"||929.17 mi||West||0° 01' 20.2"||1.53 mi||North||929.24 mi|
|24 hours||14° 49' 46.5"||958.78 mi||East||1° 13' 13.6"||83.96 mi||North||966.23 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Thu 2:04 PM||513 km||319 miles||277 nm||NNE|
|Papeete||Thu 2:04 PM||551 km||343 miles||298 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 2:04 PM||655 km||407 miles||354 nm||W|
|Alofi||Thu 1:04 PM||1730 km||1075 miles||934 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 2:04 PM||2090 km||1299 miles||1128 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 1:04 PM||2256 km||1402 miles||1218 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 1:04 PM||2285 km||1420 miles||1234 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Thu 4:04 PM||2441 km||1517 miles||1318 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Fri 2:04 PM||2546 km||1582 miles||1375 nm||N|
|Suva *||Fri 1:04 PM||2960 km||1839 miles||1598 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.