Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 12:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 00:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.52 meters/second, 1495.9 km/hour, 929.5 miles/hour or 807.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.49 mi||West||0° 00' 01.2"||0.02 mi||North||15.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 17.3"||929.20 mi||West||0° 01' 21.8"||1.56 mi||North||929.27 mi|
|24 hours||14° 49' 31.7"||958.53 mi||East||1° 13' 48.5"||84.62 mi||North||966.07 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Thu 2:14 PM||407 km||253 miles||220 nm||W|
|Papeete||Thu 2:14 PM||758 km||471 miles||409 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Thu 1:14 PM||1482 km||921 miles||800 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 2:14 PM||1856 km||1153 miles||1002 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 1:14 PM||2007 km||1247 miles||1084 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 1:14 PM||2078 km||1291 miles||1122 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 2:14 PM||2516 km||1563 miles||1358 nm||N|
|Adamstown||Thu 4:14 PM||2681 km||1666 miles||1448 nm||ESE|
|Suva *||Fri 1:14 PM||2711 km||1684 miles||1464 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Fri 12:14 PM||3001 km||1865 miles||1621 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.