Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 12:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 00:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.53 meters/second, 1495.9 km/hour, 929.5 miles/hour or 807.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.49 mi||West||0° 00' 01.2"||0.03 mi||North||15.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 17.8"||929.23 mi||West||0° 01' 23.3"||1.59 mi||North||929.30 mi|
|24 hours||14° 49' 16.8"||958.29 mi||East||1° 14' 23.4"||85.29 mi||North||965.92 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Thu 2:24 PM||162 km||101 miles||87 nm||WSW|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Thu 2:24 PM||838 km||521 miles||453 nm||NE|
|Papeete||Thu 2:24 PM||986 km||613 miles||533 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Thu 1:24 PM||1234 km||767 miles||666 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 2:24 PM||1628 km||1012 miles||879 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 1:24 PM||1759 km||1093 miles||950 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 1:24 PM||1879 km||1167 miles||1015 nm||NW|
|Suva *||Fri 1:24 PM||2461 km||1529 miles||1329 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Fri 2:24 PM||2512 km||1561 miles||1357 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Fri 12:24 PM||2776 km||1725 miles||1499 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.