Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 12:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 00:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 415.55 meters/second, 1496.0 kilometres/hour, 929.5 miles/hour or 807.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.49 mi||West||0° 00' 01.2"||0.03 mi||North||15.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 18.3"||929.26 mi||West||0° 01' 25.0"||1.62 mi||North||929.33 mi|
|24 hours||14° 49' 01.8"||958.04 mi||East||1° 14' 58.2"||85.95 mi||North||965.76 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Thu 2:34 PM||104 km||65 miles||56 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Thu 1:34 PM||987 km||613 miles||533 nm||W|
|Papeete||Thu 2:34 PM||1224 km||760 miles||661 nm||ENE|
|Apia *||Fri 2:34 PM||1410 km||876 miles||761 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 1:34 PM||1510 km||938 miles||815 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 1:34 PM||1698 km||1055 miles||917 nm||NW|
|Suva *||Fri 1:34 PM||2213 km||1375 miles||1195 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Fri 2:34 PM||2536 km||1576 miles||1369 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Fri 12:34 PM||2555 km||1588 miles||1380 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Thu 12:34 PM||2892 km||1797 miles||1562 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.