Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 12:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 00:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.56 meters/second, 1496.0 km/hour, 929.6 miles/hour or 807.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.49 mi||West||0° 00' 01.3"||0.03 mi||North||15.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 18.6"||929.29 mi||West||0° 01' 26.4"||1.65 mi||North||929.37 mi|
|24 hours||14° 48' 46.7"||957.79 mi||East||1° 15' 33.0"||86.62 mi||North||965.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Thu 2:44 PM||345 km||215 miles||187 nm||E|
|Alofi||Thu 1:44 PM||743 km||462 miles||401 nm||WNW|
|Apia *||Fri 2:44 PM||1205 km||749 miles||651 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 1:44 PM||1261 km||784 miles||681 nm||W|
|Papeete||Thu 2:44 PM||1466 km||911 miles||792 nm||ENE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 1:44 PM||1539 km||956 miles||831 nm||NW|
|Suva *||Fri 1:44 PM||1964 km||1220 miles||1061 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Fri 12:44 PM||2341 km||1455 miles||1264 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 2:44 PM||2586 km||1607 miles||1396 nm||NNE|
|Baker Island||Thu 12:44 PM||2745 km||1705 miles||1482 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.