Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 1:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 01:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 415.60 meters/second, 1496.2 kilometres/hour, 929.7 miles/hour or 807.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.49 mi||West||0° 00' 01.3"||0.03 mi||North||15.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 19.9"||929.39 mi||West||0° 01' 31.1"||1.74 mi||North||929.47 mi|
|24 hours||14° 48' 01.1"||957.05 mi||East||1° 17' 16.9"||88.61 mi||North||965.12 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alofi||Thu 2:14 PM||197 km||123 miles||107 nm||N|
|Pangai||Fri 2:14 PM||442 km||274 miles||238 nm||WNW|
|Neiafu||Fri 2:14 PM||458 km||284 miles||247 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 2:14 PM||515 km||320 miles||278 nm||W|
|Pago Pago||Thu 2:14 PM||724 km||450 miles||391 nm||N|
|Apia *||Fri 3:14 PM||788 km||490 miles||426 nm||NNW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Fri 3:14 PM||810 km||503 miles||437 nm||NNW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 3:14 PM||1090 km||677 miles||589 nm||E|
|Suva *||Fri 2:14 PM||1224 km||761 miles||661 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 2:14 PM||1270 km||789 miles||686 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.