Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 16, 2012 at 01:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 01:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.62 meters/second, 1496.2 km/hour, 929.7 miles/hour or 807.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.50 mi||west||0° 00' 01.5"||0.03 mi||north||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 20.5"||929.49 mi||west||0° 01' 32.9"||1.77 mi||north||929.57 mi|
|24 hours||14° 47' 44.0"||956.84 mi||east||1° 17' 55.5"||89.35 mi||north||965.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pangai||Fri 2:24 PM||186 km||115 miles||100 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 2:24 PM||240 km||149 miles||130 nm||W|
|Neiafu||Fri 2:24 PM||263 km||163 miles||142 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Thu 2:24 PM||369 km||229 miles||199 nm||ENE|
|Pago Pago||Thu 2:24 PM||761 km||473 miles||411 nm||NNE|
|Apia *||Fri 3:24 PM||781 km||485 miles||422 nm||N|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Fri 3:24 PM||785 km||488 miles||424 nm||N|
|Suva *||Fri 2:24 PM||955 km||594 miles||516 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 2:24 PM||1278 km||794 miles||690 nm||N|
|Rarotonga||Thu 3:24 PM||1367 km||849 miles||738 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.