Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 1:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 01:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 415.62 meters/second, 1496.2 kilometres/hour, 929.7 miles/hour or 807.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 01.5"||0.03 mi||North||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 20.4"||929.42 mi||West||0° 01' 32.6"||1.77 mi||North||929.50 mi|
|24 hours||14° 47' 45.8"||956.80 mi||East||1° 17' 51.7"||89.27 mi||North||964.96 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pangai||Fri 2:24 PM||209 km||130 miles||113 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 2:24 PM||268 km||166 miles||144 nm||W|
|Neiafu||Fri 2:24 PM||276 km||172 miles||149 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Thu 2:24 PM||345 km||215 miles||187 nm||NE|
|Pago Pago||Thu 2:24 PM||751 km||467 miles||406 nm||NNE|
|Apia *||Fri 3:24 PM||777 km||483 miles||420 nm||N|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Fri 3:24 PM||783 km||487 miles||423 nm||N|
|Mata-Utu||Fri 1:24 PM||911 km||566 miles||492 nm||NNW|
|Labasa *||Fri 2:24 PM||971 km||603 miles||524 nm||WNW|
|Suva *||Fri 2:24 PM||982 km||610 miles||530 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.