Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 16, 2012 at 01:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 01:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.62 meters/second, 1496.2 km/hour, 929.7 miles/hour or 807.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.50 mi||west||0° 00' 01.5"||0.03 mi||north||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 20.4"||929.42 mi||west||0° 01' 32.6"||1.77 mi||north||929.50 mi|
|24 hours||14° 47' 45.8"||956.80 mi||east||1° 17' 51.7"||89.27 mi||north||964.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pangai||Fri 2:24 PM||209 km||130 miles||113 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 2:24 PM||268 km||166 miles||144 nm||W|
|Neiafu||Fri 2:24 PM||276 km||172 miles||149 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Thu 2:24 PM||346 km||215 miles||187 nm||NE|
|Pago Pago||Thu 2:24 PM||752 km||468 miles||406 nm||NNE|
|Apia *||Fri 3:24 PM||777 km||483 miles||420 nm||N|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Fri 3:24 PM||783 km||487 miles||423 nm||N|
|Suva *||Fri 2:24 PM||982 km||610 miles||530 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 2:24 PM||1275 km||792 miles||688 nm||N|
|Rarotonga||Thu 3:24 PM||1339 km||832 miles||723 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.