Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 1:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 01:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.63 meters/second, 1496.3 km/hour, 929.7 miles/hour or 807.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 01.5"||0.03 mi||North||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 20.9"||929.45 mi||West||0° 01' 34.2"||1.80 mi||North||929.54 mi|
|24 hours||14° 47' 30.4"||956.55 mi||East||1° 18' 26.1"||89.93 mi||North||964.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nukualofa||Fri 2:34 PM||40 km||25 miles||22 nm||SSW|
|Pangai||Fri 2:34 PM||131 km||82 miles||71 nm||NNE|
|Neiafu||Fri 2:34 PM||263 km||163 miles||142 nm||NNE|
|Alofi||Thu 2:34 PM||571 km||355 miles||308 nm||ENE|
|Suva *||Fri 2:34 PM||746 km||464 miles||403 nm||WNW|
|Labasa *||Fri 2:34 PM||762 km||473 miles||411 nm||NW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Fri 3:34 PM||837 km||520 miles||452 nm||NNE|
|Apia *||Fri 3:34 PM||846 km||526 miles||457 nm||NNE|
|Pago Pago||Thu 2:34 PM||858 km||533 miles||463 nm||NNE|
|Nadi *||Fri 2:34 PM||859 km||534 miles||464 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.