Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 1:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 01:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.65 meters/second, 1496.3 km/hour, 929.8 miles/hour or 808.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 01.5"||0.03 mi||North||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 21.3"||929.49 mi||West||0° 01' 36.0"||1.84 mi||North||929.58 mi|
|24 hours||14° 47' 11.9"||956.25 mi||East||1° 19' 07.6"||90.72 mi||North||964.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nukualofa||Fri 2:46 PM||286 km||177 miles||154 nm||E|
|Pangai||Fri 2:46 PM||388 km||241 miles||210 nm||ENE|
|Neiafu||Fri 2:46 PM||476 km||296 miles||257 nm||ENE|
|Suva *||Fri 2:46 PM||483 km||300 miles||261 nm||NW|
|Levuka *||Fri 2:46 PM||485 km||301 miles||262 nm||NW|
|Labasa *||Fri 2:46 PM||561 km||349 miles||303 nm||NNW|
|Nadi *||Fri 2:46 PM||591 km||367 miles||319 nm||WNW|
|Lautoka *||Fri 2:46 PM||601 km||373 miles||324 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Thu 2:46 PM||860 km||534 miles||464 nm||ENE|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Fri 3:46 PM||988 km||614 miles||534 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.