Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 2:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 02:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.71 meters/second, 1496.5 km/hour, 929.9 miles/hour or 808.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 01.6"||0.03 mi||North||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 23.1"||929.63 mi||West||0° 01' 41.9"||1.95 mi||North||929.72 mi|
|24 hours||345° 13' 47.3"||955.29 mi||West||1° 21' 18.5"||93.22 mi||North||963.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nadi *||Fri 3:24 PM||571 km||355 miles||308 nm||NE|
|Lautoka *||Fri 3:24 PM||587 km||365 miles||317 nm||NE|
|Port Vila||Fri 1:24 PM||594 km||369 miles||321 nm||NW|
|Suva *||Fri 3:24 PM||643 km||399 miles||347 nm||ENE|
|Noumea||Fri 1:24 PM||697 km||433 miles||376 nm||WSW|
|Labasa *||Fri 3:24 PM||829 km||515 miles||447 nm||NE|
|Luganville||Fri 1:24 PM||846 km||526 miles||457 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 3:24 PM||1230 km||764 miles||664 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Fri 2:24 PM||1512 km||940 miles||816 nm||NNE|
|Auckland *||Fri 3:24 PM||1790 km||1112 miles||966 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.