Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 2:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 02:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 415.73 meters/second, 1496.6 kilometres/hour, 930.0 miles/hour or 808.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 01.7"||0.03 mi||North||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 23.7"||929.67 mi||West||0° 01' 43.7"||1.98 mi||North||929.76 mi|
|24 hours||345° 14' 06.2"||954.99 mi||West||1° 21' 59.5"||94.01 mi||North||963.80 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Vila||Fri 1:36 PM||384 km||239 miles||208 nm||NNW|
|Noumea||Fri 1:36 PM||414 km||257 miles||224 nm||WSW|
|Luganville||Fri 1:36 PM||659 km||410 miles||356 nm||NNW|
|Nadi *||Fri 3:36 PM||836 km||519 miles||451 nm||ENE|
|Lautoka *||Fri 3:36 PM||849 km||528 miles||458 nm||ENE|
|Suva *||Fri 3:36 PM||921 km||572 miles||497 nm||ENE|
|Kingston||Fri 2:06 PM||943 km||586 miles||509 nm||SSW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 3:36 PM||1529 km||950 miles||825 nm||E|
|Honiara||Fri 1:36 PM||1661 km||1032 miles||897 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Fri 2:36 PM||1671 km||1038 miles||902 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.