Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 2:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 02:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.74 meters/second, 1496.7 km/hour, 930.0 miles/hour or 808.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 01.7"||0.03 mi||North||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 24.1"||929.71 mi||West||0° 01' 45.3"||2.01 mi||North||929.80 mi|
|24 hours||345° 14' 21.9"||954.73 mi||West||1° 22' 33.9"||94.66 mi||North||963.64 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Noumea||Fri 1:46 PM||212 km||132 miles||115 nm||SW|
|Port Vila||Fri 1:46 PM||341 km||212 miles||184 nm||N|
|Luganville||Fri 1:46 PM||584 km||363 miles||315 nm||N|
|Kingston||Fri 2:16 PM||919 km||571 miles||496 nm||S|
|Suva *||Fri 3:46 PM||1162 km||722 miles||628 nm||ENE|
|Honiara||Fri 1:46 PM||1505 km||935 miles||813 nm||NW|
|Brisbane||Fri 12:46 PM||1665 km||1035 miles||899 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 3:46 PM||1777 km||1104 miles||960 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Fri 2:46 PM||1833 km||1139 miles||990 nm||NE|
|Auckland *||Fri 3:46 PM||1909 km||1186 miles||1031 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.