Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 16, 2012 at 02:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 02:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.75 meters/second, 1496.7 km/hour, 930.0 miles/hour or 808.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.50 mi||west||0° 00' 01.7"||0.03 mi||north||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 24.1"||929.78 mi||west||0° 01' 45.5"||2.02 mi||north||929.87 mi|
|24 hours||345° 14' 23.8"||954.77 mi||west||1° 22' 37.7"||94.74 mi||north||963.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Noumea||Fri 1:46 PM||195 km||121 miles||105 nm||SSW|
|Port Vila||Fri 1:46 PM||348 km||216 miles||188 nm||NNE|
|Luganville||Fri 1:46 PM||582 km||362 miles||314 nm||N|
|Kingston||Fri 2:16 PM||919 km||571 miles||496 nm||S|
|Suva *||Fri 3:46 PM||1190 km||739 miles||642 nm||ENE|
|Honiara||Fri 1:46 PM||1489 km||925 miles||804 nm||NNW|
|Brisbane||Fri 12:46 PM||1641 km||1020 miles||886 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 3:46 PM||1805 km||1122 miles||975 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Fri 2:46 PM||1855 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||NE|
|Auckland *||Fri 3:46 PM||1919 km||1192 miles||1036 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.