Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 2:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 02:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.76 meters/second, 1496.7 km/hour, 930.0 miles/hour or 808.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 01.7"||0.03 mi||North||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 24.5"||929.74 mi||West||0° 01' 46.8"||2.04 mi||North||929.84 mi|
|24 hours||345° 14' 37.9"||954.48 mi||West||1° 23' 08.1"||95.31 mi||North||963.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Noumea||Fri 1:56 PM||204 km||127 miles||110 nm||SE|
|Port Vila||Fri 1:56 PM||460 km||286 miles||248 nm||NE|
|Luganville||Fri 1:56 PM||613 km||381 miles||331 nm||NNE|
|Kingston||Fri 2:26 PM||957 km||595 miles||517 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Fri 1:56 PM||1379 km||857 miles||745 nm||NNW|
|Suva *||Fri 3:56 PM||1407 km||874 miles||760 nm||E|
|Brisbane||Fri 12:56 PM||1452 km||902 miles||784 nm||WSW|
|Auckland *||Fri 3:56 PM||2005 km||1246 miles||1083 nm||SSE|
|Sydney *||Fri 1:56 PM||2010 km||1249 miles||1085 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Fri 2:56 PM||2015 km||1252 miles||1088 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.