Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 16, 2012 at 02:56:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 02:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.76 meters/second, 1496.7 km/hour, 930.0 miles/hour or 808.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.50 mi||west||0° 00' 01.7"||0.03 mi||north||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 24.6"||929.75 mi||west||0° 01' 47.0"||2.04 mi||north||929.84 mi|
|24 hours||14° 45' 20.3"||954.45 mi||east||1° 23' 12.0"||95.39 mi||north||963.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Noumea||Fri 1:56 PM||221 km||138 miles||120 nm||SE|
|Port Vila||Fri 1:56 PM||480 km||298 miles||259 nm||NE|
|Luganville||Fri 1:56 PM||623 km||387 miles||336 nm||NNE|
|Kingston||Fri 2:26 PM||964 km||599 miles||521 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Fri 1:56 PM||1367 km||850 miles||738 nm||NNW|
|Brisbane||Fri 12:56 PM||1429 km||888 miles||771 nm||SW|
|Suva *||Fri 3:56 PM||1434 km||891 miles||775 nm||E|
|Sydney *||Fri 1:56 PM||1992 km||1238 miles||1075 nm||SW|
|Auckland *||Fri 3:56 PM||2017 km||1253 miles||1089 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Fri 2:56 PM||2039 km||1267 miles||1101 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.