Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 16, 2012 at 3:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 16, 2012 at 03:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.81 meters/second, 1496.9 km/hour, 930.1 miles/hour or 808.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||North||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 26.0"||929.86 mi||West||0° 01' 51.4"||2.13 mi||North||929.96 mi|
|24 hours||14° 44' 34.1"||953.71 mi||East||1° 24' 50.6"||97.27 mi||North||962.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Noumea||Fri 2:26 PM||878 km||546 miles||474 nm||ESE|
|Brisbane||Fri 1:26 PM||907 km||564 miles||490 nm||SSW|
|Port Vila||Fri 2:26 PM||1122 km||697 miles||606 nm||ENE|
|Honiara||Fri 2:26 PM||1267 km||788 miles||684 nm||N|
|Cairns||Fri 1:26 PM||1368 km||850 miles||739 nm||WNW|
|Sydney *||Fri 2:26 PM||1605 km||998 miles||867 nm||SSW|
|Port Moresby||Fri 1:26 PM||1714 km||1065 miles||926 nm||NW|
|Canberra *||Fri 2:26 PM||1835 km||1141 miles||991 nm||SSW|
|Suva *||Fri 4:26 PM||2150 km||1336 miles||1161 nm||E|
|Melbourne *||Fri 2:26 PM||2278 km||1415 miles||1230 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.